Applications for SMOOSH Before School Care (BSC) and After School Care (ASC) programs for Kindergarten and new students open on the second Monday in August the year prior to school admission.
There is currently capacity for 56 children in ASC and with demand higher than this, there is a waiting list for ASC. Places are offered in line with the priority of access policy. In the coming weeks we will share news of expanded capacity at ASC from Term 3 2021. This will help with reducing the waitlist and give more families of St Mary’s access to ASC.
- Applying for BSC and ASC in 2022:
- New families to St Mary’s will receive a SMOOSH information package at the end of the first week of Term 3 – Friday, 16 July, 2021.
- BSC and ASC applications open at 10.00am on Monday, 9 August, 2021.
- Application forms can be submitted via email, mail or in person to SMOOSH. Email and mail details are included in the application forms
- Where applying for an ASC place, you must follow the timestamp process on page 6 of the application form. You will not have a place on the waitlist without confirmation of a timestamp. With the current demand for ASC we have a waitlist for positions and the timestamp process ensures there is fairness and transparency in how places on the waitlist are managed.
- Timeline for communication of positions on the ASC waiting lists:
- Monday, 18 October, 2021: BSC and ASC offers will be made. Families will be notified of their child’s position number on the ASC waiting list if they are not offered a position on Monday 18 October.
- Monday, 22 November, 2021: Families will receive a second updated notification on their child’s position number on the ASC waiting list. As we make offers and receive acceptances and current families confirm their plans for the new school year, we find that many families move up the wait list from their first notification.
Please do not submit any applications before the open date – these will not be accepted.
We find that many new families will not receive a place for their child for some months into the school year and will need to make other care arrangements for the start of the year.
For existing families of St Mary’s wanting to enrol for before or after school care:
If you are an existing family of St Mary’s and would like to enrol for BSC or ASC, please complete the applicable form/s below and email to the SMOOSH Director. You should follow the process and email address detailed on each application form.